USED BOOKS: KY
|Interactive Genealogy, History, Travel|
Genealogy | History | Living | Locations | Research | Travel
Quick searching ~ Informative browsing
eCards | Maps
* Address & people,
* Military, and
* Surname Searches|
* Most popular Kentucky genealogy and history databases, Ancestry.com
* Find relatives through DNA tests to determine if two families have a
common ancestor (European, Native American, African, etc.) try FamilyTree DNA.
| Search For Living People|
Popular Ancestor Searches
My Trees - Kindred Konnection
How Are Two or More Family Lines Related?
Try DNA Tests through Family Tree DNA
|Capture, Share and Preserve Your Family's Stories on OurStory.com|
| Travel - from Sween's Travel Guide
and Cabins | State & National Parks | Ozarks | Resorts | Ski Resorts | Waterparks | Winter sports
|KENTUCKY (Make room reserverations in KENTUCKY)|
* Bed and Breakfasts in Kentucky
* Henderson: "L" & "N" Bed & Breakfast, LTD. is a Victorian home within walking distance of the Ohio River and three parks. Evansville, IN is 7 miles away, with John James Audubon State Park, Henderson Fine Arts Center, and Ellis Park Race Course even closer.* Mammoth Cave National Park (northeast of Bowling Green)
* Henderson: Victorian Quarters B&B has bicycles and mopeds available on site, with antique and gift shops within walking distance. The historic Angle Mounds are also nearby.
* Lexington: Lyndon House is near the KY Horse Park, Keeneland Race Course, and Shaker Village.
* Louisville: 1888 Historic Rocking Horse Manor B&B
* Louisville: Central Park B&B
* Louisville: Dupont Mansion B&B
Louisville area attractions include Kentucky Kingdom, Churchill Downs, Louisville Slugger Museum, the Kentucky Center for the Arts, J.B. Speed Museum, antique shops, and the University of Louisville.
* Newport: Cincinnati's Weller House B&B is across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. Nearby attractions include Newport on the Levee, Newport Aquarium, Reds Baseball, and Bengals Football.
* Springfield: 1851 Historic Maple Hill Manor is a Greek Revival Manor on 14 acres. The Shaker Village is nearby at Pleasant Hill and Harrodsburg, as is the Lincoln Homestead State Park and Golf Course.
By staying at the Mammoth Cave Hotel, you have time for cave tours and trails, going for horseback rides, hike, bike, canoe, and taking a river cruise.
* Fishing and Golf State Resort Parks:
FISHING, GOLF - Cadiz, KY: Lake Barkley State Resort Park offers fishing, hiking, boating, and bison viewing.
FISHING, GOLF - Hardin, KY: KenLake State Resort Park offers a marina, campground, playground, boat rental, boat docks, and 9 hole golf. Fishing licenses available on-site.
GOLF - Lexington, KY: Marriott's Griffin Gate Resort has an 18 hole championship golf course, and several horse racing attractions nearby.
More on the State Resort Parks:
Cadiz, KY: Lake Barkley State Resort Park has indoor and outdoor pools, cable tv, fishing, 18 hole golf course, tennis, shops, hot tub, sauna, and fitness center on-site. Guide services, boat launch and rental, jet ski rental, game room, and playground are also available. Consider taking the bison viewing tour, and touring a 1700s mansion. Part of the Land Between the Lakes recreation area.WHERE ELSE TO STAY in Kentucky.
Gilbertsville, KY: Kentucky Dam Village State Park near the Land Between the Lakes, offers nearby an 18 hole golf course, horseback riding, marina, with the Kentucky Dam Village Dining Room nearby. With an outdoor pool, coffee makers in the rooms, tv, and other amenities, the 14 room Inn may be rented as an entire unit for groups.
Hardin, KY: Kenlake State Resort Park has an outdoor heated pool, full kitchens available, cable tv, marina, campground, playground, boat rental and docks. Bring your golf clubs to play on the 9 hole golf course on site. Tennis courts, too. Part of the Land Between the Lakes recreation area.
Slade, KY: Natural Bridge State Resort Park has an outdoor pool, restaurant, fishing, and golf on-site. Nearby is the Sky Lift, miniature golf, pedal boat rentals, hiking, mountain biking, and skiing. Slade is southeast of Louisville and Lexington.
Eddyville, KY: Mineral Mound State Park on Lake Barkley in the Land Between the Lakes Recreation Area. The park has an 18-hole golf course, partially situated in wooded area, and the back 9 holes offer lake views. Nearby is the Country Hearth Inn, located in Eddyville next to the Venture Action Water Park, and near the Outlet Mall and several restaurants.
|State History and Research|
* Kentucky history, Open Directory |
* Historical Places, National Register of Historic Places
* More on Kentucky, Wikipedia
* Official State Site, kentucky.gov
* State Archives, kdla.ky.gov|
* State History, kentucky.gov
* KY Historical Society, history.ky.gov
* State Genealogy, kentucky.gov
Family Surname Searches
|Local Genealogy Forums|
* Genealogy Forum List|
* Kentucky databases, Ancestry.com
* Living People Searches
* Living and Deceased People Searches, I-Gen
* National Public Records, SearchSystems
* Social Security Death Index, Rootsweb.com
* Build your family tree - OneGreatFamily
* Kentucky Genealogy Forums
* Kentucky Genealogy Forums, Yahoo!
* Individual KY County Forums at GenForum
* Individual KY County Forums at Rootsweb
* Kentucky genealogy Mailing Lists
* Surname Forum Searches, Ancestry.com
* World Tree, Ancestry - UK
* On-line family tree, One Great Family (subscription)
more Genealogy, History, & Travel
* AL * AK * AZ * AR * CA * CO * CT * DE * FL * GA * HI * ID * IL * IN * IA * KS * KY * LA
* ME * MD * MA * MI * MN * MS * MO * MT * NE * NV * NH * NJ * NM * NY * NC * ND
* OH * OK * OR * PA * RI * SC * SD * TN * TX * UT * VT * VA * WA * WV * WI * WY
* DC * Washington DC lodging * Washington DC Sightseeing Map
* Home * Address Searches * Book and CD Store * Family Name, Surname Searches
* Living People Searches * Cemetery Research * Census Research * Interlibrary Book Loans
* Maps, Travel * Native Americans * Hispanic Americans * USA Military Searches * Travel Reservations
© Interactive Genealogy,
1995 - current by Sween