USED BOOKS: NM
|Interactive Genealogy, History, Travel|
Genealogy | History | Housing | Maps | Research | Travel
Quick searching ~ Informative browsing
eCards | Maps
* Address & people,
* Military, and
* Surname Searches|
* Most popular New Mexico genealogy and history databases, Ancestry.com
* Find relatives through DNA tests to determine if two families have a
common ancestor (European, Native American, African, etc.) try FamilyTree DNA.
| Search For Living People|
Popular Ancestor Searches
My Trees - Kindred Konnection
How Are Two or More Family Lines Related?
Try DNA Tests through Family Tree DNA
|Capture, Share and Preserve Your Family's Stories on OurStory.com|
| Travel - from Sween's Travel Guide
and Cabins | State & National Parks | Ozarks | Resorts | Ski Resorts | Waterparks | Winter sports
|New Mexico (Reserve your rooms in New Mexico)|
* Chama on the Chama River in northcentral New Mexico is just south of the Colorado border. East/west access is by highway 64/84.
This area offers hunting, fishing, horseback riding, snowmobiling, and cross country skiing. * Elkhorn Lodge and Cafe has both motel rooms and cabins in north central New Mexico on the Continental Divide Trail. During the summer, enjoy on-site Chuck Wagon Dinners and nearby river rafting, horseback riding, hunting, and fishing. The Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad is 2 miles away. WHERE ELSE TO STAY in Chama.
* Cuba is on the Trail and on highways 44 and 550.
* Del Prado Motel is available for hikers and other travelers. Full kitchens are available, pets are allowed, and 2 restaurants are nearby. If you are heading west, the Chaco Canyon in eastern Arizona is 50 miles away.
* Grants is on I-40, with Albuquerque to the east.Chaco Canyon (eastern Arizona) is near Grants. Ice Caves and Bandero Volcano are 25 miles away. The El Morrow and El Malpais National Monuments are 30 miles away, and Acoma Sky City is 35 miles. If needed, there is a hospital in town. Super 8 Motel has free limited breakfasts and a hot tup on site, with several restaurants nearby. WHERE ELSE TO STAY in Grants.
* Silver City is in the southwest of NM on Highway 180.In this area, the Gila National Forest is 20 miles, the City of Rocks State Park is 30 miles, and the Gila Cliff Dwellings are 40 miles away. Econo Lodge is an option for spending the night here, with 6 restaurants within 2 miles. WHERE ELSE TO STAY in Silver City.
* Towns and cities along the Santa Fe Trail: WHERE TO STAY in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, and New Mexico
* Santa Fe has a wide variety of Bed and Breakfasts, hotels, motels, inns, resorts, spas, suites. Santa Fe was the goal of sending commerce down the Santa Fe Trail. People still come here for the market at the historic plaza, and museums, galleries, and shopping, or to hear the Santa Fe Opera, or to ski at the Santa Fe Ski Basin, or to see the Bandelier National Monument. WHERE TO STAY in Santa Fe.
* Raton near the Colorado-New Mexico border.Budget Host in Raton has free limited breakfast, and is 6 miles from Sugarite Canyon State Park. The Capulin Volcano National Monument is 27 miles away. WHERE ELSE TO STAY in Raton
* Las Vegas, just off the Santa Fe Trail, offers lodging including Bed and Breakfasts, and is 25 miles from Fort Union National Monument. There is a Rough Riders Museum here as well. WHERE TO STAY in Las Vegas
|State History and Research|
* New Mexico history, Open Directory |
* Historical Places, National Register of Historic Places
* Official State Site, newmexico.gov
* State Archives, nmcpr.state.nm|
* State History newmexicohistory.org, and Historical Society
* State Genealogical Research, nmcpr.state.nm.us
More Family and Genealogy Searches|
more Genealogy, History, & Travel
* AL * AK * AZ * AR * CA * CO * CT * DE * FL * GA * HI * ID * IL * IN * IA * KS * KY * LA
* ME * MD * MA * MI * MN * MS * MO * MT * NE * NV * NH * NJ * NM * NY * NC * ND
* OH * OK * OR * PA * RI * SC * SD * TN * TX * UT * VT * VA * WA * WV * WI * WY
* District of Columbia * Washington DC lodging * Washington DC Sightseeing Map
* Home * Address Searches * Book and CD Store * Family Name, Surname Searches
* Living People Searches * Cemetery Research * Census Research * Interlibrary Book Loans
* Maps, Travel * Native Americans * Hispanic Americans * USA Military Searches * Travel Reservations
© Interactive Genealogy,
1995 - current by Sween