| ||On this page: * Living people searches * Finding Ancestors * Family Trees * Genealogy & History * Lodging & Travel * Site Map & Topical Index (i.e., more!)|
|Interactive Genealogy combines searches and books for genealogy, living people, history, and travel by state and keyword, because our family's history was sometimes changed by what was happening around them and what was available where they lived. DNA genealogy helps to see if others of the same surname are related.|
Living People Searches
Create your Family Tree
As you discover more and more ancestors, keep track of them on-line where you may be discovered by other relatives tracking similar ancestors. Add a subscription to Ancestry.com to dig deeper into your family history
* More on family trees
Genealogy and History|
Recommended SUBSCRIPTION Searches:
Ancestry.com (TGN) | Genealogy.com | Footnote documents
Genealogy Research Center, KindredKonnections - MyTrees
OneGreatFamily (online family tree) | Origins Network
Recommended FREE Searches:
Reserve rooms in
Civil War sites,
Resorts, Water Parks
TRAVEL: Back Home & Beyond|
where to stay, what to see; by state and lodging type
On-line town searches and MapQuest searches
AL | AK | AZ | AR | CA | CO
CT | DC | DE | FL | GA | HI | ID | IL | IN | IA | KS | KY | LA
ME | MD | MA | MI | MN | MS | MO | MT | NE | NV | NH
NJ | NM | ND | OH | OK | OR | PA | RI | SC | SD | TN | TX
UT | VT | VA | WA | WV | WI | WY
* Washington DC lodging
* Washington DC Virtual Tour
* * SITE MAP and TOPIC INDEX: * * |
* ABCs: Beginning genealogy tips|
* Basic ancestry searches
* Databases * Death * DNA
| * Email Lists
* Family names
* Family trees
* Genealogy * Hispanic * History * Internet Pioneers
* Libraries * Living People * Military
* Native Americans * Newspapers * Obituaries
* Research aids * Searches * Sports Ancestors * States * State government sites
* Store * Surnames * Veterans * War Records
and featuring Andrew Co MO and Butler County OH
ABCs: BEGINNING YOUR FAMILY HISTORY RESEARCH
Genealogy Learning Center,
One Great Family
Share your family history
* Has some one already put your family's history on-line? |
Search Google with your ancestor's name in quotation marks.
Search specific Genealogy sites with your ancestor's given and surname
Has someone written a book on your family history?
Consider adding your own family tree at Ancestry.com
Has someone started a DNA research project for your surname? You might be surprised who you are related to.
* See what is on-line at the county where your ancestors lived
US GenWeb Project and US GenWeb Archives
USGenWeb Search Us (by state)
* Are you looking for a living cousin? Use the Living People search page
* Did your ancestors have Social Security? Check their names on the Social Security Death Index (SSDI) in searches below
* Explore for on-line Cemeteries - example: Andrew Co Mo tombstone photos
* Subscribe for Census searches, other Databases, Military records, Newspapers, & obituaries
* Search and post to family name or location eMail groups and Forums to get questions answered
* See what your family's state Government & Courts may have on-line.
BASIC ANCESTOR SEARCHES, various sites
For more general searches, see below
*Gen-Books Yahoo group
post notices about genealogy or history books that you want to sell or buy.
Books on Genealogy, History, Travel by state
Genealogy CDs, software | FamilyTree DNA testing, searching
Where are your ancestors buried? What can you learn from their tombstones?
Appropriate county sites on US GenWeb
Death and newspaper obituary searches
* Cemetery Message Board
- GenForum at Genealogy.com|
* Cemetery Junction * Find A Grave * Interment.net
* IIGS Cemetery Links * Politicial Graveyard
* National Archives and genealogy research from Washington, DC
* Tombstone Transcriptions * Tombstone Central
* USA Veterans Gravesite Locater
* USA Veterans National & State Cemeteries
* Photograph Andrew County Tombstones project is an example of what cemetery photo volunteers are putting on-line.
Before the 1850 US census, only one name for each household was listed. The 1890 census was destroyed.
Before internet searches, we looked for the names of our ancestor's family by scrolling through microfilm copies.
USA - Ancestry.com
CANADA - Ancestry.ca
|USA Census Records|
* Search Census Records, Ancestry.com
such as • Birth, Marriage, and Death Records • Census Records • Passenger Lists & Naturalization Records • Historical Newspapers • Military Records • Family & Local Histories • Court, Land, & Probate Records
* United States - Ancestry.com
* United Kingdom - Ancestry.com
* Europe - Ancestry.com
* Canada - Ancestry.com
* Australia - Ancestry.com
* by State
* Search Historical Newspaper Collections
- for history and family news, Ancestry.com|
* Ancestry.com - search for census, marriage, name, obituary records - Canada, Europe, Ireland, USA, UK
* Genealogy.com - library resources: census, marriage, name, obituary records - USA, international
* RootsWeb.com - user contributed records, searchable indexes - USA, international
* USGenWeb Project and the USGenWeb Archives
DATE of DEATH and LOCATION SEARCHES
SSDI (Social Security Death Index) SEARCHES
*TIP: Sometimes you can find where someone lives from an on-line obituary of one of their close relatives.
Search the SSDI to find the town where the deceased person lived, and with that info, check obituaries from their local online newspaper.
|Social Security Death Index (SSDI)|
Did your US ancesters have Social Security? It began 1/1/1937.
The Death Master File (DMF) from the Social Security Administration (SSA) is created from internal SSA records of deceased persons possessing social security numbers and whose deaths were reported to the SSA. If someone is missing from the list, it may be that the benefit was never requested, an error was made on the form requesting the benefit, or an error was made when entering the information into the SSDI.
* Free: Social Security Death Index
- (Rootsweb) Search names of deceased people who had Social Security|
* Social Security Death Index - (Ancestry) Search names of deceased people who had Social Security
* SEARCH Genealogy.com - (Genealogy) Use the Social Security Death Index search at bottom to help verify deaths and death locations.
* Casualties and Veterans of US wars - (Interactive Genealogy)
* The state of Missouri has many FREE death certificates on-line (1910-1956) as well as pre-1910 birth and death records. Thanks to the MO Secretary of State and staff.
DNA Testing - for Ancestors and Unknown Cousins
How Are Two or More Family Lines Related?
DNA tests can help determine
if two families have
a common ancestor,
or if you are part
Native American, etc.
FamilyTree DNA may help you.
Try DNA Tests through Family Tree DNA
More on DNA: Journey of Mankind, The Peopling of the World (Bradshaw Foundation)
EMAIL LISTS for GENEALOGY, HISTORY, BOOKS
Sharing your search and interests with others
Post genealogy and history books for sale, and books you want to buy at this Yahoo! group
Announce or check genealogy reunions, meetings, historical re-enactments at Yahoo! group
* John Fuller's Genealogy Resources on the Internet and
FORUMS on FAMILY HISTORY
Have other researchers already posted information about your interests? Check Forums.
Ask and answer questions
Find fellow researchers
Surname Forum Searches:
* Ancestry * GenForum * Rootsweb
* Ancestry.com Forums
* GenForum - ask and answer family history questions by STATE
* GenForum - ask and answer family history questions by COUNTRY
* GenForum - ask and answer family history questions by SURNAME or TOPIC
* GenForum - who posted about your surname or county on a certain date?
* GenForum - forums, surnames, regional, general topics
* Rootsweb - message board, surnames, states, counties, other countries
* Yahoo! USA and Country genealogy forums
Cousins? Natural parent?
Living People Search Page
for current addresses, phone numbers
Search for Anyone's Email Address
|LIVING PEOPLE SEARCHES|
Records kept on veterans of various
US wars | Some who died in France
OBITUARY - NEWSPAPER RESEARCH
Obituaries can tell which, and where, other family members were living when a close relative died - Andrew County MO "obituaries to share", for example.
|Military Record Searches by war ||
* Newspapers (some with obituaries) on-line:|
Online Newspapers - current newspapers on-line, by state
ANDREW COUNTY, MISSOURI
NW Missouri, just north of St Jo
Andrew Co MOGenWeb
search with FreeFind.com
Note that Missouri has many
statewide death certificates on-line.
Cemetery photos: The Photograph
Andrew County Tombstones project
|Andrew County MO Forums:|
* Missouri county forums including Andrew Co, GenForum
* Missouri Travel, Genealogy, History I-Gen searches
* Missouri Death Certificates, on-line and free
* Missouri Genealogy and History databases - Ancestry.com
The History of Andrew and Dekalb Counties, Missouri - Amazon.com
1890 Andrew County, Missouri special census - Amazon.com
BUTLER COUNTY, OHIO
SW Ohio, just north of Cincinnati
* Butler Co OHGenWeb
search with FreeFind.com
History by State|
* AL * AK * AZ * AR * CA * CO * CT * DE * FL * GA * HI * ID * IL * IN * IA * KS * KY * LA * ME * MD * MA * MI * MN * MS * MO
* MT * NE * NV * NH * NJ * NM * NY * NC * ND * OH * OK * OR * PA * RI * SC * SD * TN * TX * UT * VT * VA * WA * WV * WI * WY
"Soc.roots" was replaced by soc.genealogy.misc and six others in 1994
(1993) Dubbed "The History Network", HNSource, was the second web site openned to the public on March 6, 1993, by its creator, Dr. Lynn H. Nelson, professor of history at the University of Kansas. The first connections went to on-line library catalogues through a HyTelnet facility, to index data bases and FTP sites already containing materials relevant to historical studies. HNSouce also provided links to a full-text document archive, world-wide gophers, several works on the use of the Internet, some Gutenberg electronic texts, and other facilities. These were the days of Bitnet, dialing up Telnet, newsgroups on Usenet, and Free-Net bulletin boards (DFN, DAFN). More internet history.
* (pre-internet: 1987) Alf Christophersen launched the ROOTS-L mailing list in December 1987. * (pre-internet: 1989) Karen Isaacson began maintenance of the RootsWeb Surname List in 1989, when everything was done with file archives and such. * (1993) By around 1993, the Web had gotten started and Steven Woods had created the first Web-based search engine for the Rootsweb Surname List.
(1996) "Our goal with Ancestry was to build the largest online genealogy database and subscription service in the world."
(1998) "We launched this free service in December 1998 and quickly became one of the fastest growing community web sites in history, gaining 1 million registered users in its first 140 days."
* Genealogy & History
* American Indian Net
* 500 Nations
* USA Indian Lands, 1978
* Also see individual state pages and Forums, above
| WWW Virtual Library History Sites|
* History of the American West
* History of the USA
* Electronic Research Library Web Stacks
* Hispanic American genealogy, history, travel
* Afro American history
* Player Biographies
* Baseball Reference
Genealogy and History Research
USA State and
for Genealogy & History
* Footnote: download original historical documents to use at your convenience|
* Forums by state - choose state, then browse for particular counties
* Genealogy Resources on the Internet, John Fuller
* Legal Research on the Web, International including USA State Courts, Historic & Legal Documents, Washburn Law School
* Experiences in Researching in Court Houses
* National Archives and Records
* Search Weekly Compulation of Presidential Documents - presidential statements, messages, remarks, and materials released by the White House Press Secretary. Browse by year.
* USGenWeb states - choose state, then the county of interest
|Interactive Genealogy pages (plus site map)|
* Book Store
* Buy & sell announcements
* InterLibrary Loans
* Family reunions, other events
* SW Ohio events
* Andrew Co, MO
* Butler County, OH
* Doniphan Co, KS
* Johnson Co, KS
* Leavenworth Co, KS
* Wyandotte Co, KS
eCard and Photo Indexes:
* History and Travel
* Card & Topical indexes
* Beginning genealogy
* Books and programs
* Comprehensive sites
* Family surnames
* Libraries, InterLibrary Loans
* Lists & Forums
* LookUp Volunteers
* Programs & Downloads
* Specialized Sites
* Surname Searches
* Worldwide genealogy sites
* American Indians
* Military, Wars, & US veterans
* Census records
* History by state
* Lists & Forums
* Maps and Travel
* Occupation licenses
* People, living and dead
* State databases
* Surname, extensive
* Surname, quick
* War records
Powered by WebRing.
© Interactive Genealogy, 2000-